Thursday 7 January 2010

Plenty Of Fish

Over the past month or so I have been a member of the plenty of fish website, this basically is a dating website but unlike most of the other's it's completely free.

I got into this via a friend who last year split up with her husband and joined so that she could meet new guys. I have been undecided about it for a long time, even though so many people meet over the net these days I just can't help but feel slightly seedy about it.

Anyway despite my reservations I gave it a whirl, but here we are a month on and I'm still feeling seedy about it. Today I have 'hidden my profile' for now at least. There do seem to be some nice guys on there but I just don't think it's the way for me to meet people, each to their own and all that.

Part of the problem might be that I couldn't help but put nice pic's of me up. Now I wasn't trying to gip anyone and all the pics were recent and really were me but I just couldn't help thinking what if I didn't really look like that in everyday life, lol I might sound nuts but I'm sure I look very different from one pic to the next.

Anyway unless I have a change of heart I'm staying off there. One good thing about it though is that it has shown me the sheer amount of guys out there looking for dates! Not ugly, desperate guys either, good looking, nice, normal people by the looks of things.

So onwards and upwards and lets see if we can find these guys in real life!

2 comments: