Sunday 3 January 2010

Marian Keyes - The Brightest Star In The Sky


This year my Dad decided to buy us presents for Christmas. Now the way I have wrote that makes it seem like he never get's us anything but actually we have alot from our parents, it's just that Mum does all the choosing and I'm not sure that Dad knows what he has for us until he sees us open things on Christmas Day. But this year he went out and bought a book each for me, my bro and my sis. Mine was Marian Keyes - The Brightest Star In The Sky.


What a book! I'm not usually a fan of people choosing books for me unless I give them a specific author but I have to say Dad came up trumps with this one. Bear in mind I'm only half way through but what I do know is that it's written from the perspective of an outside being, not human, more like celestial (exact nature hasn't been revealed to us yet). This being floats around 66 Star Street, an old house that has been converted into flats and observes the residents that now live there.


Each seperate story is gripping, there are 4 stories and each night I can't wait to read a little more about each person. The book is obviously counting down to something as well, each chapter is called Day 56, then Day 55 etc so I await with interest whatever it's counting down too!

No comments:

Post a Comment